(f/m) | Product Development | Full Time | St. Gallen, Switzerland
Have you ever wondered how the weather will be tomorrow?
As 140 Million Google Search results show, this is one of the most frequently asked questions in the world. It’s fair to say that weather can have a huge impact on all of our lives, both personally and professionally, so this is why, here at Meteomatics, we focus on the processing and provision of high quality weather data as well as the development of meteorological software products.
But why stop there? Better forecasting needs even more accurate inputs so we developed our own Meteodrone to collect the missing data from the lower atmosphere and are the first company to fly a network of weather drones operationally.
Now, let`s talk about you…
- Working with Petabytes of data (model forecasts, radar data, observations, satellite imagery, ...)
- Development/Enhancement of our MeteoCache solution (In-Memory Caching Web Backend)
- Development and operation of productive forecasting systems and applications
- University degree in computer science or comparable qualifications
- Solid knowledge of C++ and Linux
- Experience with C++ web backends favourable
- Basic knowledge of parallelization, high performance computing techniques (e.g. pthreads, OpenMP)
- Experience in inter-process communication favourable
- Scientific or technical background
- Wish to pioneer and fundamentally change the way weather forecasting is done
You want to be part of an international, competent and highly motivated team of 25 people, which encourages an active and lively exchange within a flat organization and collaborate with the world’s largest players? We have our head full of ideas and if you do so too, we are looking forward for your application at email@example.com.