(f/m) | Product Development | Temporary | St. Gallen, Switzerland
Have you ever wondered how the weather will be tomorrow?
As 140 Million Google Search results show, this is one of the most frequently asked questions in the world. It’s fair to say that weather can have a huge impact on all of our lives, both personally and professionally, so this is why, here at Meteomatics, we focus on the processing and provision of high quality weather data as well as the development of meteorological software products.
But why stop there? Better forecasting needs even more accurate inputs so we developed our own Meteodrone to collect the missing data from the lower atmosphere and are the first company to fly a network of weather drones operationally.
Now, let`s talk about you…
- Software development in C ++ or Python (satellite data, importing of drone data and their visualization with Matplotlib, API-Connector etc.)
- Development of sample applications of weather data
- Writing professional articles
- Validation of solar and wind power forecasts
- Research of new data sources and technologies
- Studies in meteorology, computer science, electrical engineering or comparable degree programs, at least BSc completed
- Basic knowledge of meteorology / climatology
- Knowledge of C ++ or Python
- Experience in dealing with Linux
- Flexibility and resilience
- Communication skills and enjoy working in a team
- Initiative and self-employment
- Internship at least three months
You want to be part of an international, competent and motivated team, which encourages an active and lively exchange? We have our head full of ideas and if you do so too, we are looking forward for your application at firstname.lastname@example.org .