Mathematician / Physicist
(f/m) | Product Development | Full Time | St. Gallen, Switzerland
Have you ever wondered how the weather will be tomorrow?
As 140 Million Google Search Results show, this is one of the most frequently asked questions in the world. The weather plays an important role in many different parts of our life, whether private or professional. That is why we focus on the development of meteorological software products, processing and providing weather data. But good forecasts are not good enough for Meteomatics. In order to make forecasts even more precise, we developed a weather drone, the Meteodrone. As the first Swiss company we built a network of drone flight operations to collect data in the lower atmosphere.
Now, let`s talk about you…
- Development of applications and forecasting systems
- Working with weather data within the Multi TeraByte area (for example radar- and satellite images)
- Development of our Meteo-Cache solution (In-Memory Data)
- Solid knowledge of C++ and Linux
- Solid knowledge for working on productive systems
- Basic Knowledge of OpenMP or MPI
- Experience in using template classes and functions
- High performance computing
- Flexible and able to work under pressure
- Sense of responsibility
- Scientific or technical background
- Wish to pioneer
You want to be part of an international, competent and motivated team, which encourages an active and lively exchange? We have our head full of ideas and if you do so too, we are looking forward for your application at [email protected] .