The MetX URL is https://metx.meteomatics.com/. When you first visit this page, you will be asked for your login credentials, which should have been provided by your representative Sales agent. If the login fails, please report to [email protected].
After a successful login, the user is forwarded to the welcome screen of MetX. On the welcome screen, four default dashboards are already present within the ”Your Dashboards” section.
A dashboard is a collection of tabs which can contain maps, plots or tables.
On the top right of the grey-shaded dashboard section, a blank field called ”Filter” can be used to search for dashboards with a particular name. This feature is helpful for users with many different dashboards.
Next to the blank filter field, dashboards can be sorted by title, creation date, and title date. Clicking on ”Create Dashboard” creates a new, blank dashboard.
Just enter a name, click on the ”Apply” button and the new dashboard opens automatically. The default dashboard view shows a basic map with no weather layers on top.
By pressing and holding the left mouse button you can change the map extent. Scrolling in and out controls the level of zoom.
The "plus"-sign next to the tab will open a new tab, which can also be renamed. When you open a new tab two things happen:
1. ”x” signs appear which enables the user to close a tab. A confirmation message appears, where the user can either ”cancel” or ”confirm” to delete the current tab.
2. The user is forwarded to the new tab created where the user can choose between ”Add Map”, ”Add Plot”, ”Add Table” or ”Energy Plot”. These options are described in more detail in sections Weather Layer Overview, Plots in MetX, Tables in MetX and Energy Plots respectively.
When hovering the mouse in the top right of a tab, several buttons appear. Their functionality is briefly described below. Detailed examples (where applicable) are linked in the description.
- "Layers" button: This button opens the ”Layer Stack”, which enables the user to add weather layers or maps (”cartographic material”).
- ”Tab settings” button: Clicking the ”Tab settings” button will open the ”General Tab Settings”, where the user can change the ”Tab Layout”. Up to 6 different maps can be combined in one window.
- ”Account” button: The button will open a window where the user can sign out or change the display language from English to German or French.
- ”Import / Export” button: The button enables the user to download (=export) or import a Weather dashboards (in a JSON format) as well as export Images and Videos.
- Save” button: Saves the current MetX dashboard.
- ”Location” button: Enables the user to look for a specific address or latitude