Weather API Subscriptions and Weather Data
Subscribe to the most powerful and easy to use Weather API or directly download historical weather data and forecasts
Determine the appropriate API package or checkout our Weather Data Shop
With our weather API you get permanent access to current weather data, historical data, weather forecasts, as well as industry-specific parameters and indices.
Free Basic API Package
Business API Package
Trial & Investigation,
|Business Needs and Commercial Usage|
|Price||Free||Based on Configuration|
|Queries per day
||Up to 500 per day||Customized|
|Parameters and Data Variety||
Choose from more than 1’000 parameters
|Forecast Range||Up to 10 days||Deterministic forecast up to 15 days, ensemble trend forecast up to 7 months, climate projections up to 2100|
|Historical Data||24 hours||
Back to 1979,
Including historical forecast data
90 meter, globally
90 meter, globally
Do you need individual historical data sets, current data or weather forecasts? Individual data sets can be purchased and downloaded directly from our data store.
We are happy to support research institutions and universities with special offers. Contact us to find the right solution for you!
What data is available in our API?
- Weather data, environmental data, climate data, ocean and water data (Over 7 petabytes, and growing daily).
- Model data (ECMWF, UKMO, etc.), station data, satellite imagery, radar data, and lightning data
- High-resolution weather model developed in-house for unique forecast quality
- Over 1800 different weather, ocean, and environmental parameters (parameter list)
- Forecast data, ensemble and trend forecasts, forecasts up to 7 months ahead
- Climate data including climate scenarios up to the year 2100 (details)
What is the performance and data quality of our weather API?
- Real-time data retrieval, response time of a few milliseconds (real-time access to over 7 petabytes thanks to unique data processing technology).
- Highest data quality: over 1640 updates per day ensure accuracy and timeliness
- "On the fly" downscaling using topographic maps enables 90-meter resolution worldwide, greatly improving accuracy at the local level
- High temporal resolution of data of 5 min (intervals)
- Query of multiple parameters simultaneously for single or multiple locations, routes and areas (polygons and gridded)
How to work with our weather API and how to get support?
- An API (Application Programming Interface) provides an interface for various programming languages that allows developers and programmers to integrate the data directly into their systems in the desired format in just a few steps.
- The API can also be used very intuitively via the URL Creator. For this purpose, the individual components of the URL can be easily adapted directly in the browser. You can find detailed instructions here.
- Start your project, your trial or your comparison in a few seconds: the free trial access is available immediately after registration and you can start right away.
- Customized Business API packages are delivered within one business day
- Use our free connectors for all major programming languages on Github: MATLAB, Python, C++, R, Java, C#, JS, Excel, Power BI, Go, ArcGIS, QGIS, Julia, and more (Github)
- Extensive documentation and Q&A makes getting started and working with our weather API even easier
One simple URL opens a world of data
Receive data for a single data & time, a time series, or a list of times
Customisable resolution from 1 minute to 24 hours
Select up to 10 weather parameters from our catalogue of hundreds
Specify a point, list of points, grid, polygon, or route
Choose the file format you need
Numerous standard file types available
Get in touch with our experts!
Would you like to benefit directly from our know-how or do you have any questions?
We are looking forward to your message. We will get back to you within one working day!