Your First Query
After you receive your login username and password you can immediately start using and exploring the Weather API.
By clicking on the following example link, for the current air temperature on Mont Blanc, you will be prompted to enter your login details.
You can then also scroll down to our URL creator tool which will guide you through the step by step process.
How Does It Work?
The URL has the following structure:
Looking at the example from above:
- now - current date and time
- t_2m:C - parameter with units (temperature at two meters in degree Celsius)
- 45.842875,6.863229 - latitude, longitude (Coordinates of Mont Blanc)
- csv - output format
The result is a csv file containing the queried data:
Use a Time Interval
Let’s get the temperature for a ten day interval with temporal increments of one day:
- __replace__0T00:00:00Z - start date
- P10D - time interval (10 days)
- P1D - time step (1 day)
Let's Add More Parameters
For more than one parameter type them separated by commas:
- t_2m:C - temperature at two meters in degree Celsius
- precip_1h:mm - precipitation during the last hour in mm
- total_cloud_cover:p - total cloud cover in percent
Get Parameters On a Grid
Interested in a larger area? No problem, just change the coordinates!
- 50,10 - latitude max, longitude min (upper left corner of the area)
- 40,20 - latitude min, longitude max (lower right corner of the area)
- 100x100 - resolution (grid 100x100)
csv with your favourite format:
- json - json format
Point list: 50,10+40,20
Rectangle (fixed number of points): 50,10_40,20:11x11
Get A Subscription
You can get a subscription for the Meteomatics Weather API at the shop or by directly contacting us.
Phone (Switzerland): +41 (0) 71 272 66 50
Phone (Germany): +49 (0) 30 200 74 280
Phone (France): +33 (0) 7 89 57 22 32
Please use the support form to contact us: Meteomatics API Support Form.